We will be conducting another virtual tasting of Bordeaux wines a week from Friday. This event’s line-up includes white and rosé wines. It will be a great time to taste and tweet about some fantastic wines from the world famous region of Bordeaux.
The tasting is open to anyone who would like to participate, and several of the winemakers, their importers/distributors/clients – the people who know these wines the best – will also be online to answer questions.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Purchase the wines listed below. If they aren’t available in your market, pick up whichever Bordeaux AOC or Bordeaux Superieur AOC wines are.
- Create a Twitter account if you do not already have one.
- Log in to the event – pay close attention to your time zone as it is listed as starting at 7pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Go to search.twitter.com and search for the hash tag #planetbordeaux.
- Any contributions you make should include the hash tag so that everyone else can see them in context.
Friday, October 26, 2012
4pm Pacific (California)
5pm Mountain (Denver)
6pm Central (Chicago)
7pm Eastern (New York)
1am in Bordeaux, France
Here is the list of wines in the tasting – all are currently available on the American market:
- Château Ballan Larquette 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($13-14)
- Château Lamothe de Haux 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($9)
- Château La Verrière 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($10)
- Château Thieuley 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($10)
- Cheval Quancard Réserve 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($10)
- Michael Lynch 2011 Bordeaux Blanc ($11)
- Dourthe La Grande Cuvée 2011 Bordeaux Rosé ($9)
- Le Rosé de Mouton Cadet 2011 ($10)
To follow the conversation, you must have a Twitter account. We will be using the hashtag #planetbordeaux for the tasting.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mike Wangbicker (Tel.: + 1 (707) 255-7667, mwangbicklerATbalzacDOTcom)